Saturday, July 11, 2009

Twilight Fan Fic Hangover

Is it possible to get a hangover from reading Twilight fan fiction? Cause that's what I think is wrong with me this morning.

Why, why, why do I read fan fiction before bedtime? I know that shit does not help me sleep. It just sucks me in and makes me want more, more, more, more and the next thing I know it is 4 am in the morning.

To be completely trite: It's my own personal brand of heroin.

And I am turning in to such a junkie! Oh, Lord help me . . . . . . find new stories to read.

Two of the better stories from last night:

1. Scotch, Gin, and the New Girl: So awesome, despite the fact that everyone is a raging high school drunk. When preppy Edward is dragged to Target for the first time by Bella, I laughed so hard . . .I've lived in Target land, and it's a happy place. But it's just one quality scene from a quality story about a bad bet, a love triangle, and getting to be with the person who is really right for you.

Oh, and read all the accompanying notes/outtakes. Not all are awesome, but it's like licking the last bit of frosting off the spatula. You just gotta.

2. Thank You, Elvis. This one isn't done, but it was on the Lazy Yet Discerning Ficster and I'll be curious to see how it goes. Essentially, Jasper + Edward vs. Jasper + Alice . . .which way will it turn out? Oh, the angst, the angst!

2 comments:

  1. Oh God...I stayed up until 6 AM reading Wide Awake...I got up at 1 PM. I never do this...and all I want to do is keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power to you! Totally a woman after my own heart.

    Wide Awake? I have almost been afraid to start Wide Awake, because I know that it will be one of those things that I HAVE to read from start to finish without interruptions. I think I might crack this week though . . .I added it to my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete