Sunday, December 6, 2009

Stuff The Critiques, Fan Boys

My head is swimming a bit as I try to absorb all the New Moon commentary that has been going on while my mom was here and I was a bit . . . distracted. I did make it through the New Moon in 15 minutes, but otherwise it's just been random things here and there. I have noted an inordinate amount of fan boy glee over The Blind Side knocking New Moon out of its #1 perch.

Here's the thing, fan boys. You can just suck it. Yes, I know you hate every aspect of the Twilight saga. It offends you on some visceral level, and you just can't leave it alone. You know why?

We don't care that you don't like it.

I really do think that's what's at the bottom of a large back of the harsh reception by the "official" commentary on New Moon (Read 7 threatened fanboy responses to New Moon to see what I mean) . The movie has made over $600 million bucks, despite critics panning it left and right. It's fun to watch, and even more fun if you've read all the books. Who cares if some hipper than you film critic hates it?

And that just chafes their willies. It's not being wrong . . . it's being considered irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment